Seeking WordPress Developer to join a small but growing team
Being Design is seeking a competent and creative wordpress developer to join a small but growing team where you will build attractive and effective websites that are both business and user friendly.
- Location: Remote
- Type: Contract Position (with the potential to become permanent)
- Schedule: 20-30 hrs/wk (must be available for scheduled meetings during 9-5pm EST)
- Role: Web Developer / WordPress Developer
Being Design is a digital business consultancy focused on branding, marketing, and business innovation. We are a small but rapidly growing team with nearly 100 clients in over a dozen countries ranging from established non-profits to fledgling startups and everything in between. Through our unique blend of strategy, technology, and human-centered design, we empower purpose-driven leaders to build impactful businesses for the digital era. Our mission is to increase human wellbeing by helping mission-driven organizations scale their impact through technology and design.
We are seeking a competent and creative WordPress developer to join our small, intimate team where you will build cohesive, effective digital experiences that are as friendly to our clients as they are to the end-user. Working closely with the founder (also our lead strategist), you will focus on the web development process and engage in creative problem solving, translating detailed briefs to finished products.
Who You Are:
- A WordPress enthusiast who enjoys frontend development as well as backend configuration.
- A knowledgeable yet adaptable problem solver who is eager to learn.
- Diligent and accountable. You check your work, and hold yourself to a high standard.
- A team player. You are proud of your ideas and your contributions but value shared outcomes and team success.
- A reliable communicator, you follow through on your commitments and communicate honestly about status updates.
What You’ll Do
- Attend regular team meetings and project workshopping sessions.
- Give constructive feedback on design documents for both usability and efficacy.
- Lead significant website builds involving backend configuration and frontend development.
- Extensive use, and occasional customization, of the WP Astra theme.
- Extensive use of the Elementor page builder and related systems.
- Extensive use of Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, Learndash LMS.
- Configuration of custom post types and custom fields.
- Configuration of security systems and performance upgrades
- Engage in technical discovery and system design for mild to moderate custom solutions.
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, and SEO specialists towards project deliverables.
- Troubleshoot issues with existing websites and suggest alternative solutions as needed.
- Interface with our hosting partner regarding site
- Positively impact the culture of Being Design by being a resource to other team members.
To Be Successful In This Role, We Need You To Have:
- At least 1 year experience creating wordpress websites from the ground up.
- At least 1 year experience working with Elementor
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of WordPress system architecture, and how to extend it.
- Experience with custom post types and theme templates.
- Experience with eCommerce and interactive web forms.
- Basic understanding of SEO and underlying principles.
- Basic understanding of UX best practices.
- Appreciated, but not required:
- Experience in data migration and writing scripts
Why Work At Being Design?
- At Being Design, we choose health and wellbeing first; not just for our clients, but for ourselves and our team. We care about those with whom we work, and we make sure they know.
- We believe in the value of every individual, and we work very hard to treat each other with dignity and to hold one another accountable.
- We believe in the power of habit and hard work. We believe that consistency beats intensity, and we build our schedules and our projects around sustainable success. We don’t believe in working crazy hours or pulling all-nighters.
- We don’t believe in multitasking either. We believe in knowing what’s most important, and focusing on it until it’s done.
- We don’t invite egos to the table. We work as a team. And while we certainly celebrate accomplishments, we make sure to prioritize shared outcomes over individual contributions.
Apply For This Job
If this sounds like a good fit, please send us an email that includes 3 things:
- Your Resume
- An explanation of why you want to work with us.
- Examples of work that you’re proud of and care about.
Send to email@example.com
Share this job posting: